Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A reminder

Tina, over at http://www.carrotsncake.com/ - is one of my favorite bloggers - actually one of the first bloggers I ever followed.  She's struggling with some belly issues right now, and can use all of the support she can get.

Her blog today reminded me of breaking my foot a few years ago.  For a miserable 6 weeks, I was literally unable to do what I wanted to do.  From hiking, to walking, to going to the bathroom and showering normally, everything was a struggle. From then on, I vowed to never take my health for granted.  If I can walk, it's a good day.

This morning I ran for 26 minutes straight, a little more than 2 miles.  Yesterday morning I walked before work for about 7 miles.  Both days, afterwards, I thanked the universe (I'm not religious) - for the ability to walk. 

I am so excited to lose weight and even be able to do more than I can now.  I'm so thankful for my health and abilities. 

And - something that I noticed today - cleared up skin!  My acne has been a bit out of control lately, happens every year when the weather turns humid here in Boston, and I noticed that after a week of exercising (that good detox sweat), eating lots of fruit and veggies, and drinking tons of water - there's a noticeable difference.  Hooray!

Must say - am feeling great, lucky, happy, and motivated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment