Monday, June 27, 2011

1 week!

Hooray!  First week over and done with.  I feel good about the way that I behaved.  I went out to eat a few times, and decided that, in order for me to be succesful, I need one meal 'off' - meaning, no counting points, no worrying about it.  Just one meal, but I need that, guilt free.  I enjoyed that at a local restaurant, out with a client.  We drank wine, ate appetizers, and I felt good about it.  Then, I returned home and decided to have a few more glasses of wine.  As a result, I felt crappy the next day and didn't work out.  Bad, bad weight watcher.  THAT behavior is a catalyst.  It's unhealthy, and makes me feel depressed and gross.  But overall, I stuck with the plan, ate well, worked out, and was okay with my progress.

Last night I thought (should have blogged - sorry!) about how the week went.  I took note of my feelings, how I physically felt, compared to last week.  Here's what I noticed:

Didn't feel bloated
Had no cravings for greasy food (I did, however, want a little ice cream, which I had)
Felt happier
Felt more motivated for the week ahead
Felt proud - regardless of what the scale said, I was okay with it.

Other noteworthy events - I:
Did my first 'long' 1/2 marathon training - a 5 mile treadmill work out - I ran, than ran/walked, than walked.  I was happy with all of it and felt great afterwards.
I saw my family - always stressful - but armed myself with a giant bottle of water, and carrot sticks to munch on.  I completely, 100% succeeded on staying on track.
I only drank that one night, no other alcohol.
I DID allow myself treats - a little bit of ice cream.
I ate more fruits and veggies, less carbs, and made a point to stop at a farmers market to pick up fresh and local produce.
I did NOT cook - and I want to.
I ate less sodium/salt.
I was super busy at work - and stayed on track despite.

Soooooo the result......DOWN 5.5 POUNDS!  Hooray!  Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment