Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Update

I haven't blogged...because I haven't lost.  I have been in a bit of a rut - and I'm glad to document this now, because perhaps this is my theme - 2 weeks on, than yikes.  I had a slight gain last week, which I owned.  Than...I can't say I ate well. 

Here's the thing - originally, my thought was, "I can't say I was good..." - but I decided to abolish that thinking.  Being good/bad has nothing to do with eating.  In fact, it was a fantastic week work-wise, I worked really hard, closed some great deals, and, in life, was perfectly fine!  I also worked out, not every day, but probably 4 days - not so bad.  I ran, skipped my long run purposely because my knees were hurting and I don't want to get hurt, but ran the other days, did step, spinning, and ate well...for 3 days.

Than - I went for drinks.  And I woke up hungover.  And I had not the healthiest breakfast.  And than I celebrated my big deals with some champagne. That lead to some wine. Which lead to another hangover.  Which lead to binge eating.

And THAT lead to - a 2.5 lb gain.

And - here's the thing - all in all - I'm still on track with my 1lb/week goal.  But it bummed me out.

So I decided to switch my weigh in day to Thursday.  I figure - if realistically, I'll eat healthier during the week than I would on the weekend, why am I setting myself up to fail by weighing in on a Monday?

It's a small change.  And I'm owning the poor behavior.  But - it's a change, none the less. 

So - Monday - I was 207.2.  As of next week, I'll weigh on Thursday. Am not weighing this week because I actually don't want to weigh more than 1x/week, seems to obsessive.

We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment