Monday, July 18, 2011

I binged...and my body rebelled.

OK truth time - I hit a bump in the road.  I binged over the last few days - maybe, in all honesty, starting from Wednesday.  I don't really know why - work was going really well and I think it started with, "I'm going to take myself out to celebrate!"  Than I fell back into, "I'm going to eat whatever I want and start again on Sunday!".  Bad, I know.

But - here's the good news (ironically) - I got REALLY sick.  Like - REALLY sick.  I'm fairly certain that the Chinese food I binged on may have given me some food poisoning, so I did what all sane people do - I kept eating the leftovers, thinking that wasn't the problem.  I'm pretty sure it was, and I spent the last 4 days attached to the toilet. 

SO - am not going to forget this.  It was awful feeling so sick - I had planned on going to the beach and I couldn't.  I couldn't work out.  The good news is I probably didn't gain any weight, the better news is - lesson learned.  I simply can't eat like that anymore, my body can't do it.

Now - is that what it is?  Or was it food poisoning?  Who knows. I'm choosing to believe that my body can't do it anymore.  I've had food poisoning before, and this felt slightly different (no nausea).  So - am going with - I can't do it.

I made myself get up and work out this morning, despite my belly still feeling sad.  It was the best thing I could have done.  I ran my 2 miles, and felt SO much better.

More news - am not doing the 1/2 marathon.  I missed the registration and honestly I think it may have been a bit ambitious for where I'm at with running right now.  SO - am doing a 10K instead - October 10.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through Healthy and Sane and i am loving it! I can totally relate - seeing that I need to lose 75 pounds to reach my goal. I look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks so much! It's really nice to hear that there's a reader out there! :)

    ReplyDelete